STIHL's most advanced clearing saw ever, featuring the 'M-Tronic' fully electronic engine management system which adjusts ignition timing and fuel metering in all operating modes. With ErgoStart and simplified starting, the low emission 2-MIX engine and a 4 point anti-vibration system, the FS 460 C-EM is the ideal choice for anyone with large areas of tough overgrown grass to maintain.
- Reduced-emission engine technology - 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Large fuel tank - The transparent fuel tank with a volume of 0.75 l ensures long working intervals with fewer fuel stops. The level is easily visible from the outside. Easy to refuel through a large, easily accessible tank opening. (similar to illustration)
- Air filter with long service life - The easily accessible paper filter with a long service life means it can go for long intervals without changing.
- Winter setting slide control - It is quick and easy to switch the setting from winter to summer using the slide control. Using the winter setting will prevent the air filter and carburettor from freezing. (similar to illustration)
- Manual fuel pump (Purger) - A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburettor at the touch of a button. This reduces the number of starting strokes required following extended breaks in operations.
- Start flap lever (M-Tronic) - With the M-Tronic, you do not have to worry about cold or warm start. With M-Tronic there is only one starting position on the start flap lever. The system detects cold or warm start automatically and electronically calculates the exact amount of fuel. You can start with fewer starting strokes and can apply full throttle immediately. If you press the throttle trigger the start rotary switch will automatically return to the operating position.
- STIHL M-Tronic - This fully electronic engine management system adjusts ignition timing and fuel metering in all operating modes. It also takes external conditions such as temperature, altitude and fuel quality into account. It ensures consistent engine performance, a constant maximum speed and superb acceleration. M-Tronic makes manual carburettor adjustments unnecessary. Thanks to electronic cold/warm start recognition, now there is only one start position on the combi-lever. The engine starts after fewer pulls and with no change of position, and can immediately accelerate up to speed - even after a cold start. M-Tronic also remembers the settings from the last time the tool was used. So when external conditions are the same, optimal engine performance is available every time you start up again.
- STIHL ErgoStart (E) - STIHL ErgoStart cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. A coil spring between the starter cord and the crankshaft smoothes out force peaks, making them virtually undetectable through the cord itself.
- Simplified starting system - Simply set the choke, pump the fuel primer, pull the starter cord and away you go! The running machine then switches off after a brief press of the stop button. Once the machine is at a standstill, the ignition activates again automatically. Thus the ignition is always ready for starting.
- Bike handle - When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle enables a smooth mowing action. The bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, making it ideal for working on large areas and thus reducing fatigue.
- STIHL 4-point anti-vibration system - In Stihl brushcutters, steel springs act as anti-vibration elements to reduce the transmission of vibrations caused by the motor and rotary cutter. The handles therefore have extremely low vibration and the devices is easy to guide.
- Locking plug-in bolt - Changing the tool is made particularly easy by locking the plug-in bolt in place. (similar to illustration)
- Multi-function control handle - Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- Compensator - This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Tool free handle adjustment - The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated by 90°.
|Weight kg 1)
|Sound pressure level with mowing head dB(A) 2)
|Sound power level dB(A) 2)
|Vibration value, left with mowing head m/s2 3)
|Vibration value, right with metal tool m/s2 3)
|Vibration value, left with metal tool m/s2 3)
|Vibration value, right with mowing head m/s2 3)
|Total length cm 4)
|Tank volume l
|Power output kW/bhp
|Weight kg 5)
|Standard cutting tool
1) Without fuel, cutting tool and without protection
2) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2.5 dB (A)
3) K-factor according to DIR 2006/42/EC = 2m / s ²
4) Without cutting tool
5) without cutting tool and deflector